Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2012

We take a break from our regularly scheduled programming to bring you this...

Well, readers, I know it's not my usual pattern to bring the blog into real time.  As most of you know, I'm catching up to present day with all of my insane dating stories and heartbreaks and am still a few months back.  But I wanted to take a break from the pattern, from our regularly scheduled programming to ask you this simple question: Why is the universe fucking with me?

Ok, maybe that's just a tad over-dramatic.  What I mean to say is, when we're experiencing a minor heartache, does the universe intentionally bring things into our lives that force us to feel it over and over again, or are we subconsciously reading messages into everything that comes our way?  I tend to believe in the latter because I’m not a big believer in fate, gods, metaphysics, etc., but there are times when I wonder…

This morning, as I was driving into work, I was listening to my iPhone on shuffle.  Now, I have a fairly eclectic mix of music on my iPhone and a random song shuffle of my music is enough to make a perfectly sane person feel like a schizophrenic.  I don’t know what that says about me when I choose to listen to my music on shuffle, but that’s neither here nor there.  The point is this: I have two versions of the same song on my iPhone (because I love both recording artists and because I love the song so much) and they BOTH played on my fifteen minute commute to work.  I have over four thousand songs on my iPhone and these two songs played within minutes of each other.  And because my heart is feeling ever-so bruised and heavy, AND because this song can reduce me to tears even when I’m having a good day, the universe decides to pick on me and play that song not once, but twice in the span of fifteen minutes.  And yes, I was reduced to tears BOTH times.  While driving.  To work.

Thanks a lot, Universe.  You suck.  Now will you please leave me alone?


No comments:

Post a Comment